2011/06/01

Build a Coffee Table

I don't know about you but I hate shopping for furniture. There's so much junk out there on the shop today and I can never find exactly what I want. I've tried going to every Bed Bath and Beyond in my neighborhood, I've been to Furniture City and City Furniture, Bob's and Joe's furniture market and all sorts of other major division stores. I've scoured the known universe of furniture to find single pieces and I've even tried researching online to find a single table. There is an plentifulness of furniture but it becomes problematic when I'm trying to sift straight through it all. Sadly, when I'm finding for a unique one of a kind piece I can't seem to find one out there.


Wood Table Lamps

If you have the same problem, let me offer a solution: build your own. I've built a few pieces in my day and I have to tell you that it is one of the most rewarding feelings to build a piece of furniture of your own. They aren't even that difficult to put together, some times you don't even need wood! There are so many styles out there that you can no ifs ands or buts get creative when trying to build one yourself. As long as it functions as a place to put hot and cold beverages in front of the sofa so that you can sit favorably and have a nice drink, you've got yourself a great piece of furniture.

Building a coffee table is easy too. These are some of the simpler pieces of furniture in your house and they don't want many materials. I once built one out of an old lobster trap I found in an ancient store. I purchased the lobster trap, bought a thin slab of glass that fit on top of it, and viola: a one of a kind lobster trap glass coffee table for my living room with hardly any work!

You can use the same system when construction your own coffee table too. You don't necessarily have to build it entirely out of wood. If you go into an ancient store (or maybe you have an ancient yourself) and you find something that is about the right size for a coffee table and would support having a piece of glass sit on top of it without wobbling uncontrollably, you can build a table out of that.

Custom fitted pieces are some of the most curious pieces out there. I've seen some no ifs ands or buts wicked coffee table designs that habitancy have built over the years out of just the most random stuff imaginable. One guy used four lamps and a slab of glass to build a coffee table in his reading room. It is just that uncomplicated and you can use your imagination.



Build a Coffee Table
No URL

No comments:

Post a Comment